Ed Steer's Gold and Silver Daily

24hGold.com RSS Feed - Gold and Silver Market Analysis

24hGold.com RSS Feed - Gold and Silver Editorials

Whiskey & Gunpowder

Numismatic News

Click to Enlarge

Close Call For US Banks

Gold Price Forecast

"Depending on whose opinions one takes into account, gold could decline further, stay in the current range ($650 to $850) or shoot for the moon when and if the current solutions to the credit crisis give rise to hyper-inflation.

As we have recently written, the metal might well be mentioned in some context at future global gatherings trying to address this world-sized problem. Whether or not such mentions might involve further sales to help the needy nations, or a complete reassessment of the metal's role in the global reserve system, remains to be seen. There have certainly been a rising number of calls for gold's triumphant return to the bedrock of the currency system."


Jon Nadler, Senior Analyst, Kitco Bullion Dealers Montreal, Daily Commentary for October 27, 2008

Personally I am buying all I can at these prices, knowing full well that the price could drop even further. But it is not the $500/ounce that gold could be trading at in 5 weeks or months, but the $5000/ounce I expect it to be trading at down the road that is my focus. So whether I am paying $900/oz like I did a few weeks ago, or $750/oz. now, when it goes ballistic, it really won't matter what I paid.

So everytime I am asked, "should I wait for the price to go down further before I buy, I always reply, "the best time to buy gold......is when you have the money!"